Register for the IPS Annual Meetings and the Peat and Technology Symposium in Riga!
Dear IPS members,
The early registration deadline for the International Peat and Technology Symposium, including the IPS Annual Meetings, has been moved to 20 May. Feel free to register and let also others know about this possibility.
We warmly recommend and invite you to attend this extraordinary event in Riga, 25 - 29 August 2014. The conference includes items for all interests - sessions, workshops and excursions on all matters related to peat and peatlands, including responsible management, agriculture, energy, horticulture, balneology, culture and peatland restoration. A full week of knowledge and networking for just € 400!
Abstracts for presentations can be submitted until 1 July: http://www.peat2014.lv/#!for-thesis-applicants/c1kf6. A list of sessions, workshops and excursions can be found below. We look forward to seeing you and your colleagues in Latvia!
· Peatland survey, Chairman: Mr. Erki Niitlaan
· Peatland restoration in practice, Chairman: Prof. Lars Lundin
· Peat harvesting technologies, Chairman: Mr. Giedrius Kavaliauskas
· Social, Environmental and Economical viewpoints in the production and use of Energy Peat, Chairman: Mr. Jaakko Silpola
· Horticultural peat and its effective use, Chairman: Mr. Gerald Schmilewski
· Planning and construction of peat production areas
· Horticultural peat: equipment for its processing, Chairman: Mr. Renārs Skudra
· Responsible peat production and use, Chairman: Mr. Hein Boon
· IT Solutions and communication in the peat industry (covering weather, stock pile measurement, GPS etc), Chairman: Mr. Artūrs Kažmers
· IPS Commission IX - Tropical Peatlands: workshop about vision and details of the scientific programme for IPC15 in Kuching in 2016 (Lulie Melling)
· IPS Commission II - Utilization of Peat and Peatlands for Horticulture, Energy and Other Economic Purposes: meeting (Gerald Schmilewski)
· IPS Commission III - Agricultural Use of Peatlands and Peat: workshop “Drained organic soils – responsible management” (Barbara Kalisz)
· IPS Commission VI - New results of research in balneology and international collaboration in healthcare (Riitta Korhonen/Leena Larva)
· IPS Commission VIII- Cultural aspects of peat and peatlands session “Value and use of peatlands for education” (Michiel Gerding)
· Peatland Restoration Tour to Kemeri National Park and SIA Laflora
· Peat Workshop and Cena Mire
· Old Riga and Peat Workshop
· Peatland Olaine and Rundale Palace
· Kemeri Mire and Rundale Palace
· Cena Mire and Rundale Palace
· Riga Black Balsam Tour
· Jurmala City Tour
· Ice Breaking Party
· Exhibition "Sounds of the Earth"
· Dinner with entertainment program + Gala dinner
· IPS Award of Excellence
· IPS Annual Assembly
· IPS Scientific Advisory Board Meeting
· IPS Executive Board Meeting
· National Committee Chair + Secretary Get-together
· IPS National Committee round table
WELCOME TO RIGA!
More information and registration: www.peat2014.lv