Postponed due to coronavirus.
The industry summit is organised for practitioners and top executives of peatland and peat companies that rely upon peatland and/or peat products for a significant part of their business. The focus is on discussing, changing ideas and presenting viewpoints on the key issues in the peat industry, however, not only the economy but also social and environmental aspects will be considered.
Inter alia, the following issues will be addressed (programme to be published soon):
- global peat demand for energy and horticulture;
- peat in the context of climate politics;
- social impacts of peatland use;
- new production technologies and applications of peat;
- certification of peatland,
- peat and peat containing growing media, etc.
At the end of the day, all the participants of the summit are welcome to join the special dinner at the Tallinn TV Tower restaurant.
Top management of a) peat and peat products industries, and b) companies involved in peatland management for agriculture, forestry, palm oil production and others.
- To be informed by senior representatives from industry, science and environmental management bodies about the role and challenges of peat and peatlands in global climate change mitigation strategies.
- To disseminate knowledge on peat and peatland resources that are used by peat industries globally and to assess requirements until 2050.
- To provide an international forum to discuss these developments and find solutions.
Registration via the overall Congress registration at www.ipc2020.com.