How to become a member of the IPS?
The International Peatland Society is open to all individuals and organisations dealing with peat and peatlands. Become one of us and join our 1400 active members in 36 countries all over the world!
The IPS is bringing together mire scientists, peatland enthusiasts, universities and research centres as well as professionals of the peat industry, horticulture and energy under one roof, in a worldwide association.
To foster information exchange, education and dialogue, we are regularly organising conferences, meetings and symposia on all matters related to peat and peatlands.
Quick online membership application new!
- Access to our events (excursions, scientific conferences, congresses, symposia and workshops)
- Significant discounts on registration fees for IPS and related conferences
- National Committee activities in 16 countries
- 3 Commissions and 9 Expert Groups dealing with all aspects of peat and peatlands
- Networking opportunities with more than 1400 specialists in peat, peatland science and industry
- Peatlands International, our full-colour magazine
- Peatland Snippets, our monthly newsletter
- Publications database (scientific papers, minutes and other reports)
- IPS membership list on the intranet
- Discounts on publications and registration fees
- List of open academic and industry positions
- Six-language online peat dictionary
1. Countries with National Committees
If you live in Canada, China, Estonia, Finland, Germany, Indonesia, Ireland, Japan, Latvia, Lithuania, Malaysia, the Netherlands, Poland, Sweden, the United Kingdom or the USA, please contact the Chair of your National Committee to join the IPS. Until their reply, you can order online reading rights for our website (€ 50), which works like a 6 months temporary membership and terminates automatically - write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Countries without a National Committee
If you are NOT living in the countries mentioned above, you are welcome to become an IPS member directly via the IPS Secretariat, and enjoy the full benefts of an IPS membership for (2015)
- € 51 for individual (annually)
- € 25 for student (annually)
- € 310 for corporate / institute members (annually)
Please send your membership application form (PDF) by e-mail to ips (at) peatlands.org. The membership will continue automatically until further notice. Membership invoices are regularly sent in June/July after the Annual Assembly. Payments can be made by credit card, bank transfer or paypal.